2023 Jakarta PIE
13 July 2023
** Please note that due to COVID-19 pandemic, this course may be cancelled with short notice. If you have registered for the course(s) and want a full refund, please contact Dr Rita Ibrahim.**
Date: 13 – 14 July 2023
Fee: AUD700 (Indonesian residents); AUD1700 (non-Indonesian residents)
Practical Intermediate Echocardiography for Critical Care
PIE is a new 2-day intermediate level transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) course targeted at more experienced or advanced practitioners. This course is particularly useful to:
- Practitioners who are already performing basic level echo but would like to advance their skills and apply Doppler echo in their studies.
- Practitioners who are already performing Doppler echo but want to perfect their Doppler skills or want to learn more on assessments using proper Doppler measurements.
Our trainers are established international and local experts, who have plenty of experience in teaching echocardiography.
The course cover basic principles and clinical topics, with the emphasis on Doppler assessment. Topics* may include:
• Basics principles:
o Image optimization in 2D echo
o Revisiting anatomy and views in TTE
o Principles of Doppler & tissue Doppler
o Cardiac output measurement
o Pulmonary artery pressure measurements
o LV filling pressures inference
• Clinical topics:
o Shortness of breath
o Chest pain
o Valvular assessments for critical care
- Topics will be decided by the local organiser.
In order to achieve the best learning outcome, you should:
- have attended a basic level (Level 1) critical care echocardiography course (e.g. RACEplus), and
- have performed at least 30 TTEs since attended the basic level course.
Click here to download program and for further information.
- All fees and payments are in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Indonesian residents, please pay directly to Dr Rita Ibrahim.
Reading materials (Not included)
Oxford Textbook of Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography (Anthony McLean, Stephen Huang, and Andrew Hilton eds) (2020). RRP £130 (~AUD240).